Kefir has more live microflora and unlike yogurt, kefir has beneficial yeast.
Choose Milk Kefir if You Want:
- Smoothies - thick and rich, you can add stevia and sour fruits, like blueberries or cranberries for a delicious morning smoothie.
- To boost your mood - milk kefir is the 'feel good' drink because it boosts serotonin levels in your brain, which in turn boosts your mood!
- A good source of biotin, vitamin B12, thiamine (B1), folic acid, calcium and phosphorous.
- A source of dairy that is easier to digest.
- To coat your intestinal lining, making it easier for benefical bacteria to thrive in your intestines.[Some say the kefir bacteria won't survive the stomach acid unless it is in a specially coated pill form. If this is the case a kefir enema (lukewarm water with some kefir in it)would be the best way to repopulate the gut--my comment]
- To cool your body, especially if you have a fever or any condition resulting in body heat, like a herpes outbreak or AIDS.
- Kefir is a very popular breakfast in Russia and Poland in the hot months of summer because it is a cooling beverage.