Things one can do if one has high blood pressure:
1. Eat lots of raw cloves of garlic. Eat it on your salads and in your
soup (squeezed in your bowl) or you can take garlic caps (Kyolic Digestion garlic). My grandmother brought her blood pressure down by eating fresh garlic when she had it really high and was hemorrhaging from the nose profusely.
2. Eat good fats: raw organic butter, coconut oil, lard(homemade), and raw animal foods (raw dairy and meat--raw yolks, over easy eggs, soft boiled eggs, meat cooked rare or just seared or raw--only high quality, pastured), unfiltered extra virgin cold pressed olive oil.
3. Eat bone broths, organic leafy green veggies especially salads, and live sour kraut (homemade from organic cabbage). Look for foods high in potassium and magnesium.
4. Take cod liver oil every day (the only one to take: Green Pasture's Blue Ice fermented cod liver oil).
5. Avoid all processed foods and commercial salt, high fructose corn syrup, MSG, aspartame, sucralose, sugar and white flour products, unfermented soy in any form. Do use Celtic sea salt.
6. Avoid alcohol, coffee, soft drinks, and fruit juices from concentrate.
7. Temporarily avoid all grains for a few weeks then use only sparingly.
8. Exercise, I can't stress this enough. Walks are great and use the rebounder.
9. Pray. This is good for your soul and it helps reduce stress, but most importantly you're loving God.
10. Do deep breathing exercises and make sure you breath deeply. Many people especially in America breath shallowly thus causing stress and a lack of oxygen.
11. Get enough regular sleep--set bedtime and wake time preferably be asleep by 10:00pm.
12. Drink enough good water (spring water, Perrier (expensive and some say the carbonation is bad--it makes me feel hydrated the best) or Reverse Osmosis with minerals added back, I put a pinch of Celtic sea salt in).
13. Herbs: cayenne (capsicum), chamomile, fennel, hawthorn berries, parsley, and rosemary. You can get these in teas, capsule form or tinctures from Swanson Health Products
14. Probiotics and digestive enzymes seem to help just about everyone.
15. Kumbacha tea (make your own) essiac tea (make your own).
16. Balance your pH. (fresh lemon juice and/or raw apple cider vinegar with water)
17. Take Epsom salt baths-- this is very important. Lack of magnesium plays a significant role in hypertension. This is a great way to absorb and utilize magnesium.
18. I also like to use essential oils.
19. Eliminate stress--it can kill you. Laugh.
But consult your doctor or alternative health practitioner if you want to. I am not a doctor, every body is different, use your own best judgment. See what works for you.