- 1 bar Fels-Naptha
- 1 cup Borax
- 1 cup Allens Naturally Laundry Powder***
- 2 cups Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
- Cut into fourths, then grate Fels Naptha soap using cheese grater or food processor.
- Once grated, change to blade in food processor. Swirl this around in food processor til it is as fine as you can get it. (I tried skipping step one, and had to go back and start over, because the pieces were just too big. Grating first is a must!)
- Add the Borax and pulse til mixed.
- Add the Allen’s laundry powder, and then the washing soda, pulsing several times after each cup is added.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Store in an airtight jar with lid. (Be sure to label so that your kids don’t think it’s lemonade mix!)
- Use one to two tablespoons per load (depending on grit and grime, of course!) I threw in an old scoop from one of the boxes of powder I had.