1. Most important: eliminate sugar and grains from your diet. This has been proven to give amazing relief.
2. Take ginger. This has pain relief and stomach-settling properties. Eating fresh is best: add to salad, grate on main dishes, or add to fresh vegetable juice. Or you can steep grated fresh ginger in boiling water for ten minutes.
3. Take Boswellia, "Indian frankincense". This has an active anti-inflammation ingredient boswellic acid. This has been shown to significantly reduce inflammation.
4. Take fish oils not only for its anti-inflammatory properties, but because it is so important for your cells and your general well being and health.
5. Eat animal based omega 3 fats. Reduce your intake of omega 6. The ratio should be 1:1.
6. Eat fresh pineapple for its Bromelain. You can also take this in supplement form.
7. Take either Evening Primrose oil, Black Currant oil, or Borage oil. BTW dry skin in winter shows a deficiency of that these oils will help correct.
8. Cayenne cream (Capsicum cream) helps by depleting the body's supply of substance P, a chemical component of nerve cells that transmits pain signals to the brain. This is just for immediate pain relief.
9. Epsom salt baths. 2 cups of Epsom salt in a bath as hot as you can stand it for 20 minutes. Don't do this if you are a male and your wife is of child bearing age this could make you sterile, not the Epsom salt, but the temperature of the hot water.