Eight percent of the artificial sweetener Splenda is currently sold to pharmaceutical companies for over-the-counter cold remedies, lozenges and vitamins sold in America. The following symptoms have been noticed within a 24-hour period following consumption of Splenda products:
* Skin -- Redness, itching, swelling, blistering, weeping, crusting, rash, eruptions, or hives (itchy bumps or welts). These are the most common allergic symptoms that people have.
* Lungs -- Wheezing, tightness, cough, or shortness of breath.
* Head -- Swelling of the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, or throat; headaches and migraines (severe headaches).
* Nose -- Stuffy nose, runny nose (clear, thin discharge), sneezing.
* Eyes -- Red (bloodshot), itchy, swollen, or watery.
* Stomach -- Bloating, gas, pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or bloody diarrhea.
* Heart -- Palpitations or fluttering.
* Joints -- Joint pains or aches.
* Neurological -- Anxiety, dizziness, spaced-out sensation, depression.