from the blog Catholic Fire:
On this feast day of the Solemnity of Mary, the Mother of God, I would like to share some of my favorite quotes from the saints on Mary.
* St. Josemaria Escriva: "Love our Lady. And she will obtain abundant grace to help you conquer in your daily struggle." "When you see the storm coming, if you seek safety in that firm refuge which is Mary, there will be no danger of your wavering or going down."
* St. Alphonsus Liguori: "Such is the will of God that we should have everything through Mary."
* Venerable Pope John Paul II: "From Mary we learn to surrender to God's will in all things. From Mary we learn to trust when all hope is gone. From Mary we learn to trust her Son and Christ the Son of God."
* St. Bonaventure: “It is the privilege of the glory of Mary, that after God, our greatest happiness is from her.”
* St. Teresa of Avila: “The devotions we practice in honor of the glorious Virgin Mary, however trifling they may be, are very pleasing to Her Divine Son, and He rewards them with eternal glory.”
* St. Philip Neri: “Believe me, there is no more powerful means to obtain God’s grace than to employ the intercessions of the Holy Virgin.”
* St. Louis de Montfort: “When the Holy Spirit finds Mary in a soul, He enters that soul completely and communicates Himself completely to that soul.”
* St. Catherine of Siena: “Mary is the most sweet bait, chosen, prepared, and ordained by God, to catch the hearts of men.”